2007년 7월 5일 목요일

7 Fluency Exercises

Wisdom

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #1

My parents have always taught me a lot of wisdom. One kind of wisdom is truth. There are a few reasons why truth is an important thing for me. It appears in my inside or outside when I say the truth. In addition, truth can never hide itself. If I have some problem, when it is not my fault, truth will not sell me down the river at this time. When I was in high school, my friend misunderstood me about my score. I never lied about my score to my friend. This score is a very important thing to both my friend and me. After a few days, truth was made clear because of my wisdom. Therefore, my parents taught me the value of truth.


Outdoors

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #2

After I finish all classes, I usually spend a little time for myself. There are some kinds of my favorite activities. My favorite outdoor activities are playing a piano, playing the flute, watching a movie, and using the Internet for homework and excitement at home. I often spend time without my friend, but when I cannot take great pleasure alone, sometimes I share my joy with my friends. The best weather is heavy rain and a cloud for my favorite activity. Most of this weather makes my feeling go from excitement to depression, so I need to change something. When I feel depression, I make my feeling better by playing a piano. On the other hand, I spend all time on my homework. It makes me crazy.


Dan-gun Mythology

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #3

Long time ago, there were people who were called primitive men in Korea. In story, two animals have become people. People lived in the sky. Our Father, art in Heaven, sent his son to the ground. The son, who was called Dan-gun, lived on the ground. When he lived, only animals lived there. In addition, his father made him from a person to a tiger. He met a bear. His father talked to him in a dream. His father said, “You will get married with a bear. Then, you will live in a cave together a bear.” He obeyed his father’s a command. They ate only garlic and wormwood for 2 years. Then, they became two separate humans. A tiger was made a man and a bear was made a woman. Therefore, they are primitive people.


Immigration

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #4

My uncle’s family and my aunt’s family immigrated into the United States 40 years ago. My uncle’s family is living in Illinois and my aunt’s family is living in Las Vegas. My uncle is an intelligent man and a wise man. Before he and his wife came to the U.S.A., they were Seoul University students. Seoul University is the best university in Korea. They were students sent abroad at state expense, so they decided to immigrate into the United States. They wanted to study their major continually for their success in the U.S.A. They succeeded in their life but they were not amply satisfied. The reason is their children. My cousins were born in the United States. They know a little Korean. When they were children, their mother did not teach Korean to their children. Their mother thought that it was the best way. However, when I came here, my cousins and I could not understand each other because of the different languages. They are Korean but their way of thinking is American. In such a case, my elder aunt thinks that it is bad for us. However, my uncle and uncle’s wife have never regretted immigrating. They feel very comfortable and safe about their home.


Je Ju Do

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #5

The most romantic place is to have a honeymoon the Je Ju Island. Je Ju is the beautiful island and is a very famous place in Korea. It is near my hometown, which is Busan. In addition, my parents went to Je Ju when they got married. My parents had their honeymoon in Je Ju. Je Ju was known as stone, women, and wind. It was called ‘Sam Da.’ It means that there are many stones, women, and wind. There are a lot of stones that we can never see. Women mean that it is beautiful and a woman diver who works in the sea. Lastly, wind means that Je Ju is a good place for living because of the influence of the prevailing westerlies. Therefore, Je Ju is a wonderful place. If I get married, I will go to Je Ju Island because there are many sights, many flowers, and many horses. If I touch the stone, I can have a boy baby. It is a tradition.


Marriage

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #6

Young people think about a marriage and a divorce easily. Many couples get married in a day, but many couples also divorce in a day. This phenomenon usually occurs in the young generation. It is a big problem. When men and women become a definite age, they have to get married. I think that when men are over 28 years-old, and when women are over 25 years-old, they get married. If they get married at a young age, their parents may take care of them economically because young people only think about love without the future. Of course, it is not the only problem but it is one of the biggest problems.

Men and women view marriage from a different standpoint. Men usually want to find a beautiful and kind woman for marriage. Women usually want to find a handsome and rich man for marriage. In my case, I want to get married to a man who is kind, wise, and rich. Anyway, I like a man who only thinks about me and guarantees his future.


Advice for CESL

Hyuna
EAP2 B
Fluency Ex. #7

The program of CESL is very good because CESL is a systematic program. In my case, when I came here at first, I was very nervous because I could not hear anything, and I could not speak anything. I just said, “Hello! My name is Hyuna, Shim.” However, when I started to learn English in CESL, I was able to reduce the nervous feelings until now. In addition, I learned diverse subjects, and I got a lot of information about the United States. CESL helps the students who want to enter SIUC. I want to go to SIUC too. However, one part is not good. It is that the schedule has such rigid regulations. Therefore, foreign students cannot study for the TOEFL. I think that if CESL considers this part, CESL will be better than now.

댓글 없음: